Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-13/)
-   -   Sc2 trouble (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-13/sc2-trouble-12404/)

Sc2Scum 09-04-2021 12:46 AM

Sc2 trouble

So I've had this parasitic draw for some time and finally got it down to the freaking door jams not communicating that the door is closed. I've spent WAY to much on it so far but here's to more I guess. Does anyone have a lead on a 97 sc2 door jam? Tried the universal from rock auto and it doesn't seem like it is going to work. Any suggestions would be amazing.

DropDead 09-04-2021 12:53 PM

I can get you one from a junkyard I do a lot of business with.
but it would probably be cheaper for you to go to one and get it. You seem like you know your way around if you figured that out. Haha
cheers to continuously spending money on these things. I still have 3 ions. No matter how hard I try to get away they just keep coming.

Sc2Scum 09-04-2021 01:29 PM

Yeah I know a little. Mostly self taught aside from the ol shop class in high-school. Any leads will be greatly appreciated the yards here don't have many S Series mostly a Vue or 2 and some Ions

DropDead 09-04-2021 03:24 PM

With it being labor day weekend I know my usual one is closed tomorrow and Monday.
I can check the others around if you want.
It won't be until next weekend that I can go again if theyre closed.
What year is your sc2?

Sc2Scum 09-04-2021 03:28 PM

97 and any time any any tips are appreciated for sure

DropDead 09-04-2021 04:22 PM

Door James should be a simple circuit. Close the door, closes the circuit.
Have you tried just unplugging them?

Other yard doesn't have any coupes. And not sure if the sedans are the same.

Sc2Scum 09-04-2021 04:26 PM

The S Series so far has transferred from one to the other aside from doors and the like, and I have disconnected it and went with it and it will ding constantly and still register as open. Not sure if thats normal or if when the guy who sold it to me as a project messed with something im not aware of. Nothing major has been out of place or wrong but definitely did a "custom" wiring job that it took me a while to get corrected. Ill snap some pictures and get some measurements when I get off.

DropDead 09-04-2021 08:41 PM

Electric doors and windows by chance? Wonder if anything in the door jam wiring got broken

Sc2Scum 09-04-2021 09:06 PM

Manual locks, or at least in the almost 2 years I've had it I've never seen a power lock switch but there is power windows the switch runs through the center console between that and my beautiful shifter. I hadn't considered any wiring damage stemming from that but definitely worth a look. Glad this page is halfway active

DropDead 09-04-2021 10:42 PM

Theres a handful of us. I usually don't read S series posts because I'm next to clueless on them. But I liked your username. Haha
may as well check the door jams to be safe.

Its still baffling me that even disconnecting the switch its thinking the door is open.

What other wiring issues have you had?

Aftermarket radio?