General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Need Help, Won’t Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 06:03 PM

I have a 2000 Sc2, today I took my battery out 2 clean it cuz it wuz looking real dirty. I put it back in and reconnect it all up, and as soon as i reconnect the both the cables i hear this clicking sound coming from somewhere by the injectors, it stops after 10 or 20 secs. then i go 2 start up the car, nothing. When the ignition is turned 2 the on position the Security light, Service Engine soon, and Brake light come on weakly, then after a few seconds the rest of the warning lights come, then they start flashing, and the gauges jump a little all in time with a clicking sound coming from the fuel pump relay on the passengers side. when i turn the key to start it, everything cuts out, and it makes no sound at all. when i turn it back, it goes back to doing that. I tried jumping it and i even replaced the worn bolts on the battery, no help tho. I really need my car working, any help or suggestions would be great. thank you.[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2007, 09:13 PM

With the ignition OFFtry removing the negative cable from the battery and wait a minute or two then reconnect it. Check all the fuses including the driver and passenger side footwell for fuses blown. Turn the ignition key to ON/RUN only and see if everything goes back to normal with all the instrument panel lights turning on then leaving only the oil and battery indicator on. If good so far then you may be able to start up.

What may have occurred was one of thoserare circumstances from connecting the battery cables that the engine computer saw incorrectly and set off a chain of spastic responses that you witnessed as lights, bells, and whistles going off. Turning off the ignition and disconnecting the negative battery cable is resetting the memory of the engine computer back to the beginning. Usually no harm is done when reconnecting the cable again.