General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

jerking at acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Im New to this site and am having a very anoying problem with my car. Its a 1998 saturn sc2 dohc. I replaced the clutch in the car and after that the car started jerking between gears, if i let off the gas and give gas (light or heavy) it jerks so going around curves is a B!%$h(acts like a universal joint but to the best iof my knowledge fwd cars dont have them) it does not do this before it worms up.
my mod list is eibach springs, accel coils, msd wires, bosch iridium plugs, strut tower brace, cai, dual exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors.
I have replaced the pcv valve, top motor mount, (it was broke didnt fix problem) o2 sensors, battery terminals, all light bulbs, the flywheel has been machined.
when i bought the car I replaced the clutch and it started jerking on acceleration and i oddly enough put a bolt in the hole of the factory top mount drove it down the road and it stopped jerking. I burnt out the clutch in a burnout compitition(I won blowing theclutch in 3rd gear) replaced itand it started doing it again. I tried the same solution with the mount and it didnt work so i replaced it and it still jerks. Im like two steps away from selling it and id rather not so if any one can help me i will be eternally grateful.
after looking further into it i removed the top mount and the engine dropped a couple of inches. I was also wondering if the mount on the passenger side bottom needed adjustment the engine rocks im not sure if its excessive or not. if you pull on the engine hard enoughit taps the cradle (which was removed when the clutch was replaced)
off subject where can I find(or how to make)a short shifter for this car or a rear tower bar.<! Message ''''''''"" >Edited by: demonic_saturn

Old 01-04-2009, 05:33 PM

I have a NEW in the box SPS BigBore Throtle body part number THR0003 and a set of hardly used NOLOGY 10mm plugwires. Also have a set of NEW in the box Magnecore plug wires part number 45207.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:06 AM

<DIV id=post_message_1376037>ok I just graduated from a mechanics course vgcc and I am Not sure why but when I put the mount back on today it did fine there is no new parts or anything put on differently than yesterday and the problem has stopped. If there is anyone who can explain why the problem is gone I would be able to sleep.

I also swtched the 1 and 4 wire (Iwhich are on the same coil and fire simultaniously) not sure if relavent. I had read something about this the wires working on gen 1 saturns for this problem. I have not worked on a gen 1 so im not sure if it applys.

Demonic Saturn</DIV><! / message >