General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

HELP question? ’04 VUE w/ VTi Operation

Old 01-11-2007, 08:31 PM

Just purchased my first Saturn in Sept '06. Used '04 VUE with VTi Operation & AWD. I did not receive a manual w/ vehicle. Not even sure that would answer my question.

Is the VTi supposed to be loud?

This vehicle sounds like an airplane coming in for landing, especially when slowing down.

DoesAWD cause the loud noise?

It is so loud conversations are difficult unless we up the octave. Same with the music - the volume goes up.

Another remark...It did not seem to be as bad sounding when I first purchased the vehicle. As time has gone by it seems to me to have gotten louder.

I do not want to take it to the dealership. BECAUSE to me it is another way to find something wrong to get money from the wallet REGARDLESS if they can solve the issue or not. Does that make sense?

Thank you for anyone who replies.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Airplane-like noises when slowing down sounds more like a tire (badly/unevenly worn, out of round) or wheel bearing issue -- though a bearing issue would likely be audible at higher speeds.

These VTi's are not known for their silent operation, but it shouldn't be that loud.

How many miles on it? It may still be under 3/36 warranty...

Also, I believe there is an extended coverage period for some of the VTi's due to widespread issues.

Check with a Saturn dealer. It may actually cost you nothing.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Thank you for your input. Seems I will just have to take into dealer anyways.

The tires were rotated and balanced last month.

It has 73,500 miles - I will do some more research for problems, warranties, blah, blah, blah....

Old 01-23-2007, 11:43 AM

Well, I called corporate, was told like yousiad to take to dealership.

Was not transmission it was my front left wheel bearing. $350.00 Man, I am sick to my stomach. They wouldn'tlet me leave to get my kids from school and come back to get repaired. Said it was so bad It was at a point of causing a tragedy.

Wll, now I know what a broken wheel bearing sounds like.

AND after the fixing - I remembered how the truck sounded when I bought it. Really is quiet and a smooth ride.

[img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]So, my new question is. Is it possible they knew this was becoming a problem when they sold me the truck and or when they did an oil change but left it to get so bad that it would cost more. [img]smileys/smiley10.gif[/img]

I am so leary of mechanic people. I sound horrible.

Edited by: hummvue

Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 PM

hummvue

What is it you do for a living? Seems to me that people that have little trust in others are not very trust worthy themselves.

Edited by: sw2cam

Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Because of rude buttholes like you that think they know it all! I am Not a fool. GOD didn't make crap when he made me - he made a person of worth.