Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-13/)
-   -   Dropping Engine Cradle? (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-13/dropping-engine-cradle-9481/)

Jaywizzy 04-06-2014 11:46 AM

Dropping Engine Cradle?

To start off with, money is no option. Money comes and goes, it is imminent, the satisfaction and originality this project will bring will be all more than worth it to me. At least I'm not wasting it on meth. :P After doing a stock rebuild on my 97 sc, along with other mechanical and electrical repairs that might be needed, I plan on buying an engine cradle to custom fab to fit a Honda V-Tech engine over the next few years. I am very good with fab work. Any opinions?

sw2cam 04-09-2014 02:51 PM

Post pictures as you go....

Jaywizzy 04-10-2014 11:34 AM

Probably won't happen. Might have to end up losing the Saturn. Blown rear main seal, and horrid trans axle leak. I lose 2 quarts of trans fluid in about a mile, and about a quart of motor oil every 5. I think my diff pin has worn the inside of the trans axle out.

sw2cam 04-10-2014 04:32 PM

What do you care about the running gear in the car. As "you" said it's coming out to be replaced with a Honda V-Tech. To be honest, it's all bull****. Just like all the bull**** that came before it, put a turbo on it.

Jaywizzy 04-11-2014 05:52 AM

I mean if the tranny blows apart before I can get it fixed I won't be driving her. Probably going to get a loan to go ahead and do my rebuild with a remanned trans.

Rubehayseed 04-11-2014 08:17 AM

It may just be the valve body, Jason. Have you researched it? Most common problem with the TAAT transmissions in the Saturn is the valve body. I replaced the one in mine and it was fine after that. You can test the solenoids and replace them, but it's just easier to do the whole valve body. I have my old one if you want to buy it for $25 plus shipping. That way, you could rebuild it yourself and then just swap it out with the old one. Most rebuilt ones you'll find on the www are anywhere from $125 up. I don't know where the hell you'd find the solenoids, though. I guess a GM dealership.

Jaywizzy 04-11-2014 11:12 AM

Thanks Rube! Luckily I work at a GM dealer, so I will look into it. If it's my valve body I will definitely grab the one you have. I'm having our transmission guy (been here 32 years) look at it with me today. Hopefully it isn't shot. Was out of fluid when I got to the shop this morning. :/ Thank God for the AR accounts here. I can get what I need and just pay it weekly.

Rubehayseed 04-11-2014 05:35 PM

Out of fluid? How the hell did that happen? You must have one hell of a leak or the seals are completely shot! I doubt that a valve body will do you any good. Sounds like a complete rebuild or replacement is in your future, man.

Jaywizzy 04-11-2014 10:12 PM

I am almost certain on a front main seal blown. It got worse. Before leaving the shop I poured 2 quarts in. When I backed up, my 2 quarts were on the ground. Also, mine is a m/t. I don't think it has a valve body? So I am told. I am not a transmission person yet lol.

Rubehayseed 04-12-2014 06:47 AM

Nope, no valve body in a manual trans. It has to be a bad seal somewhere. Happy hunting!