General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2007 Saturn Aura -- Sunroof Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Default 2007 Saturn Aura -- Sunroof Issue

I'm Having an issue of a lifetime with this Sunroof. I noticed end of last year that my sunroof wouldn't Close or would inconsistently open and close in its on when it rained. So, when it It close finally -- I went under the Light panel by my Mirror and unhooked the Button. I thought the problem was solved and It Never opened again. Last week it was sunny and No rain so I hooked it back up. And sure as **** it rained all in my Car. It eventually closed on its on, I shut off my Car immediately and unhooked it From the Button. Over this past weekend, I was Gone out of town, my Car was in a covered parking lot, I picked it up to drive it home (40 minute commute). 3 minutes from my Home the Sunroof Slides open and It's Sprinkling Smh. For Starters I Thought I unhooked it and now it's sprinling again and am sitting in the car and can't Get This closed.

Please Note: I have taken the Fuse out before but each time I do, the drivers Window is affected and the Seat warmers for both seats, Are too. But, I don't give a Dam now I'll take it out once I can get it Closed.
Also, I got with this vehicle thru a divorce. I believe my ExDumbDumb had a Similar issue Years Ago. This vehicle was purchased in 2009.

Please help me manually close this. I Don't have the Funds to see what's wrong with it. I Just need it Closed.

Thanks.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

In all honesty, any advice we try to give on a glass part we can neither see nor feel will likely turn out worse for you --unless there is an Aura owner active on the site right now -- and I'm not sure there is.

Go to a glass shop for a diag and then just beg and literally cry for them to permanently seal the thing,. Keep crying until they lower the price. Seriously. It's just working the glass forwards from both sides at once and then some sealant.