Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-13/)
-   -   2006 Ion factory service manual (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-13/2006-ion-factory-service-manual-9190/)

David Hambleton 01-10-2014 04:14 PM

2006 Ion factory service manual

Is there an online 2006 Ion factory service manual?
Is there a free download?

sw2cam 01-10-2014 08:16 PM

I have no idea if there is a free manual, but I'd take a wild guess there is one. Maybe try searching a thing called the "internet".

sw2cam 01-10-2014 08:22 PM

PS: Maybe you could take the time to stop in the new member thread and introduce yourself. Oh and after that you might open the USER CP to add your first name, location and car info to your "signature".

derf 01-10-2014 11:11 PM

GM?

Free?

Ebay

NG51 01-11-2014 12:18 AM

I use alldatadiy (www.alldatadiy.com). Once you learn how to navigate it,it is great. I used to use this when I worked on cars, and the consumer version is really comprehensive(almost too comprehensive sometimes!). Great diagrams and info-it runs about $17 or so a year.

David Hambleton 01-12-2014 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by NG51 (Post 41964)
I use alldatadiy (www.alldatadiy.com). Once you learn how to navigate it,it is great. I used to use this when I worked on cars, and the consumer version is really comprehensive(almost too comprehensive sometimes!). Great diagrams and info-it runs about $17 or so a year.

Thanks Neil!

Maybe I'll go the Alldatadiy route... I have 3 Fieros with the factory manuals & parts catalogues. I like to know how things are intended to come apart rather than seeing how I should have done it after breaking something.

I thought there might be a Saturn equivalent to Fieronews.net - it has a download section with lots of manuals etc. I couldn't find one so I thought I'd ask the Saturn crowd. Thanks for your help!

sw2cam 01-14-2014 11:39 AM

Just a guess here. If there was a factory service manual free for the taking I bet one of the long time users of the site would posted a link to it. Seems GM is pretty tight with info, then KIA has a site with everything you need and it's your's just for siging up to the site. None of the users of this are service TECH'S but we do our best to help members out. It's a plus when we know each others name, where they live, along with the year and model of the Saturn they drive. That means give us a heads up by adding that to your signature in the USER CP.
Unless you don't plan on using the site or your in the witness protection plan.

Rubehayseed 01-14-2014 02:08 PM

Using my amazing detective skills, I've determined that his name is David Hambleton and he drives a 2006 Saturn Ion. I'm still working on where he's from. LOL

derf 01-14-2014 10:06 PM

I'm guessing Saskatoon, personally.

RjION 01-15-2014 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 42040)
I'm guessing Saskatoon, personally.

Saskatoon......!