General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Starter turning over motor only when cold ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 04:36 PM
Default Starter turning over motor only when cold ? ?

The car runs good for as long as I want to drive it but when I turn it off , nothing happens when I try to start it again unless the car has sat for a few hours.

I put a brand new battery in it yesterday. What component going bad to cause it not to start when it is still hot ? When I turn the key to start, the motor does not turn over and there is no clicking going on with the solenoid etc. Let it sit a long while and it starts right up and runs fine. What should I check and how do
I diagnose the problem ?

Old 01-13-2020, 04:38 PM
Default Starter turning over motor only when cold ? ?

I should add that this car is a 2001 Saturn model and has 115K miles on it and otherwise it has been very reliable always.

The car runs good for as long as I want to drive it but when I turn it off , nothing happens when I try to start it again unless the car has sat for a few hours.

I put a brand new battery in it yesterday. What component going bad to cause it not to start when it is still hot ? When I turn the key to start, the motor does not turn over and there is no clicking going on with the solenoid etc. Let it sit a long while and it starts right up and runs fine. What should I check and how do
I diagnose the problem ?

Old 01-13-2020, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Please do not start a new thread with each question. I merged your two posts into one post.
Now, Welcome to the forum. We need more information about your 2001 Saturn to be of much help. Saturn made the S series and the L series in 2001 and they share nothing with each other. Both models were available with two different engines each also. So please go to the new member section and do the new member thing properly.
Thanks
Andy