Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-13/)
-   -   09 Saturn Outlook Help!!! (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-13/09-saturn-outlook-help-11315/)

jbaker32 05-29-2018 09:47 AM

09 Saturn Outlook Help!!!

Hello,
I have an 09 Saturn Outlook, and everything was fine but every now and then I would get the traction control light on and it would say Traction Control Off than Service Stabilitrak and finally Engine Power Reduced.
Well, usually when it did that I would restart it and it would be fine, I could drive all day without a problem. Lately it has gotten worse and now I try to restart it and as soon as it fires up it says Traction Control Off, Service Stabilitrak Engine Power Reduced and it runs really rough and It if goes maybe 10miles an hour.
I checked the codes and I got P2100 - TAC Motor Control Circuit Symptom, P2119 - Throttle Closed Position, P2101 - TAC Motor Circuit Range / Performance, P2176 - Min Throttle Position Not Learned.
Ive had some people tell me that it sounds like a bad ground somewhere, it could be a bad hub and the sensor is not reading it. or a short in the wire somewhere. I have also had someone tell me to change the ECM, and someone else said change the whole Throttle Body.
I am unsure what I should do. So, If anyone can help any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rubehayseed 05-30-2018 07:37 AM

Believe it or not, I briefly had a 2007 Chevy Equinox that the same thing happened to. I was 500 miles from home at the time and said "screw it, I'm going to keep driving it." I stopped at an Autozone one I got home and had the codes run on it. Came up EGR valve. Now for the life of me I have no idea how in the hell a bad EGR could cause all of those lights to come on. But for $70, I bought a new one, cleared the codes and it didn't come back in the 5 months before I traded that piece of crap.

derf 05-30-2018 12:17 PM

It sounds as though the vehicle has forgotten the calibration of the throttle actuator control or it has gotten corrupted. So it does not know where the throttle plate is -- 0 to ??
It does sound like it could be a flaky ground issue that is causing the calibration to disappear or the circuit to go open momentarily.
I THINK the sensor is built into the throttle body so it cannot be replaced individually, but that is a GUESS.

Pretty sure this is not isolated. google on just the code numbers followed by the word saturn.

I'm not being sarcastic -- you'll probably get a bunch of hits from saturnfans.com with only those codes in the posts -- then you have a starting place.

jbaker32 06-04-2018 05:55 PM

Hello,
The guy who owns our shop had his mechanic come over and look at it, his determination was it was a bad hub he replaced the hub and the problem was still there. I found a throttle body and cleaned it up and slapped it on and the Reduced Engine Power went away. Its drivable but the Traction Control Off and the Service Stabilitrack comes over the dash.
The only code coming up when we scanned it is C0561.
I also cleaned the EGR valve.
Another thing when I go to the gas station and turn the car off I put gas in it and as soon as I go to start it , it don't wanna start it cranks over and sounds like it wants to start but its sputtering, ive got to pump the gas a few times and then its fine. I was thinking maybe its the fuel pump?
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the check engine light and Traction control Off and Service Stabilitrack?
I'm checking over the internet.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,