Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

Ordering Equipment from Crutchfield

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 07:23 AM

Man, you gotta take some photos and share. The Viking longboat sounds awesome.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:26 PM

I'll post photos of Viking longboat tomorrow PLUS bonus lower Wacker Drive photos.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:38 AM

All four speakers are in and sound great. I listened to them on my drive up to Chicago yesterday. Sound is much clearer and sharper. Bass response hasn't changed much, but then stock Honda radios aren't known for their power output anyway. However, I am happy with my purchase.

Installation was straight forward. Even with the rear speakers, there were no surprises. The Included instructions and additional YouTube videos I watched made installation easy.

The speaker on the left is the new JVC speaker in comparison with the stock speaker on the right. The magnet is much bigger and the separation of the woofer and tweeter sharpens music nicely. Also, my car is equipped with Active Noise Cancelation and I did notice that even the car cabin is quieter due to the new speakers.

My day in Chicago was picture perfect. There was plenty of people out to enjoy it with me. The tall ships were quite impressive and is a great way to show younger generations how sailing was done in the old days. The Viking boat was awesome seeing that they hand built the boat over two years and a crew of 25 sailed it across the Atlantic from Norway. Sure it cheats a little with modern navigation and safety equipment, but it is a very stunning example of the enterprising spirit of the Viking culture.

To top my day off, I used lower Wacker Drive to get myself out of the city. For those of you who don't know, just pop in The Blues Brothers or any of the recent Batman movies to see Lower Wacker in action. It is an iconic, but brief, drive and I loved being there. I don't recommend driving and taking pictures in such an enclosed space though!

Attached Thumbnails Ordering Equipment from Crutchfield-img_3300.jpg   Ordering Equipment from Crutchfield-img_3332.jpg   Ordering Equipment from Crutchfield-img_3371.jpg   Ordering Equipment from Crutchfield-img_3375.jpg  
Old 08-01-2016, 07:48 AM

Thanks for the pics, Dave. Glad to hear you enjoyed your day and music!