Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

HID Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Default HID Headlights

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone is running HID headlights or any other kind of headlights other than factory. I have a 2001 SC2 and i wanted to change the boring headlight to a bright white or a blue-ish white headlight (kinda like the xenon color). How much am i looking to pay out of pocket??

Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Banned

If you want something reliable and looks good (not a "lash-up" job), it's prolly gonna set you back about $200 usd ... and add close to another bill if you include the fog lamps

Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 PM

No im not gonna do HID foglights. Im gonna put yellow lenses over the foglights instead. But anyways, im just looking to see what options i have for headlights

Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Here is one option:
http://hidextreme.com/Saturn_HID_Application.html
A Google search for HID head light kits for Saturn turned up quite a few.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Banned

Hmmm ...

Some really nice looking lights there ...

Old 09-09-2012, 11:09 PM

Yes there are. And as the lenses are plastic on the original lights it is becoming a bit of a chore to keep them looking nice as they age. Although my Chrysler is worse than the saturn and it is 14 years newer. I wish it was that easy to find a set of cams for the thing. I'm gonna have to put time into it again to correct the things I screwed up and to compensate for aging. I would not have any complaints to spend time installing new cams for it.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:17 AM

Yeah those are nice looking lights.. i might have to go with the 6k to be on the safe side. I hear Florida police crack down on people with blue headlights, even though the other ones arent really BLUE i dont wanna have any confusions. For the light covers, would you recommend translucent paint or tint instead???

Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Banned

They may not be "cracking down" because of the color ... I drive a lot during evening hours, and one of my pet peeves is misaligned headlights. Point being, for the statistically few cars out there with HID systems, they comprise about 30% of the cars with misaligned lights. Just my humble observation.......

Old 09-10-2012, 03:40 PM

Yeah i was thinkin the same thing too. But my car sits pretty low as well as the lights. I just cant do HID's to my daytime driving lights because those and high beams are the same bulb, just two different filaments. I would be doing them to my driving night lights

Old 09-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

unc how did you get from HIDs to cams in the same post??

Please post pix when you've got them installed

and be sure the lenses are polished so unc will be jealous

Quick Reply: HID Headlights