Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

confused... please help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 PM

Ok i just have the stock am/fm stero in the car now ( 04 ion) and wanna get a new deck for it. i know how to do all the install ect... but herd from a store that it needs some special wiring and the stock deck needs to be relocaded in the trunk? i didnt understand what he was trying to tell me so.. my question is.. its it just a regular install.. ir is there some special thing you have to do to get a aftermarked deck in? BTW car is base model no onstar or any thing like that if it has any thing to do with it. i would appreciate any help. thanks alot.

Nate,

Old 05-12-2007, 12:26 PM

If you are replacing the factory deck,there would be no reason for additional wiring.As long as the new deck has the same size specifications as the factory,there would be no reason to relocate it.The only time you would need additional wiiring is if you were gonna have an amplifier with subs for example.Im not quite sure why they would have to relocate it to the trunk anyways.If you did purchase a deck that was bigger then your factory unit,usually there are aftermarket kits you can use to fit a bigger deck in the factory compartment.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:40 AM

Some places still think that in order to bypass some of the anti-theft stuff, you have to keep the original stereo. This is false and can be bypassed with a few wire connections behind the new stereo. I haven't found a car yet that really does require it.