Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-15/)
-   -   1997 Saturn SL2 CD Player- HELP PLEASE!! (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-15/1997-saturn-sl2-cd-player-help-please-6947/)

scottys92 07-24-2012 01:36 PM

1997 Saturn SL2 CD Player- HELP PLEASE!!

So I have been trying for 4 days to put a cd in my 97 saturn sl2 and I thought I had all the wires together the right way, guess I didn't. The CD player is a JVC KD-G210, I had the CD player turning on at one point but it would turn right back off and just keep doing that. At another time I had it turned on and staying on but I couldnt hear anything. Can someone help please??? I dont know if I have the wiring wrong or what is wrong with it but I would really love to have music in my car again,. Thank you!

sw2cam 07-24-2012 04:01 PM

Post moved from the new memeber intro area to where it belongs.

OceanArcher 07-24-2012 04:32 PM

It's very difficult to troubleshoot after-market add-ons from far far away. I am assuming that you have the booklet that came with this new unit, and hopefully the repair manual for your car (e.g. Chiltons). Most units have available an adapter jumper that fits the new radio on one side, and mates up to the OEM cabling inside the car on the other. If you don't have that part, then you're gonna have to do a lot of study and matching on paper before you'll get it to work. Good luck ........

scottys92 07-24-2012 05:19 PM

The CD player was actually given to me so I dont have any of the paper work. I did look up the schematic online and I tried to go by that but it did not work

Rubehayseed 07-24-2012 10:04 PM

Go to Crutchfield.com and look up their phone # and give them a call. Odds are that even though you didn't get it from them, that one of their techs will be able to help you out. They're a nice bunch of guys over there.

OceanArcher 07-25-2012 07:27 AM

Oh goodness ... you do have a problem. Hoppefully, you got the right schematic when you downloaded from the Internet. Hopefully, the unit that was "given" to you is a working item, and not just somebody's 'toss-off'. Crutchfield may even have a line on an adapter cable for you. Barring that, maybe they will be able to verify which wire is which on your unit, so you can pair up everything properly. Please keep us informed ...

scottys92 07-25-2012 11:38 PM

Will do! Thanks!

Rubehayseed 07-26-2012 08:52 AM

Just be sure to post back and let us know if you get it straightened out, okay?

sw2cam 08-05-2012 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed (Post 31636)
Just be sure to post back and let us know if you get it straightened out, okay?

He's not talking to you anymore Rube.

Rubehayseed 08-05-2012 12:32 PM

LOL! I don't think he's talking to anyone anymore. Probably got the help he needed and won't participate anymore. Then, when he needs help again, he'll come crawling back.