Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Purchase Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 05:50 AM
Default Purchase Advice

I have a 1994 SL1 TBI SOHC Saturn and I want to purchase an identical one in the near future. My question is, what are ALL the differences of a 1993 and 1995 Saturn SL1 SOHC compared to the one I have now?

Old 08-13-2015, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

that's a question to post on saturnfans.com.
Ordinarily I tell people to steer clear of the site b c thousands post but only 5-10 know what they are talking about (like OldNuc). A few of the people there (2, maybe 3) are more likely to know the minutia details you seek than we are.

Please don't reference me or this site -- they don't pass people to us as they are able to answer all the questions. They believe us to be a pack of clueless fools. They are entitled to their opinion, just as we are of their site and the misinformation handed out on a regular basis. All 9,000 posts a day can't be answered correctly.

Aside
That's just one of the reasons this forum is small. We'd rather have 300 members who post somewhat regularly than 25000 each w one post and have it be a lottery as to who provides feedback. Notice I don't answer Ion questions. Why? Because I don't know the car. Goalie owns 2 and parts out others. Here, we try to get you the best feedback from whomever knows the most on a subject. There are many S car owning members on this forum; I don't know all the answers and never will. I learn new stuff all the time in the process of trying to help others.

Oops off topic again.

See first paragraph

Old 08-13-2015, 12:36 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't waste time trying to dig on saturnfans. Youd be better off digging around sixthsphere. And I mean dig, dont post. That community is tighter than ours, and the site owners/vets will chew you up and spit you out if you don't immediately fall into their "click" I've personally spoken to the site owner. Got into it a few times. Overall its a decent site if you feel like defending yourself for the first few weeks. But its just easier to find the information their.

Basically they have every nut and bolt size listed somewhere. They are die hard S car people.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

hmmm,

I thought sixthsphere was a defunct co run by joey bag o donuts.
Had no clue that forum even existed.
Maybe the next time I'm really pissed off I'll join and wage peace not war.
If I snap back do I get banned or earn respect? As you all know, the foundation of my life is based solely on what others think of me.

Old 08-13-2015, 06:57 PM

No, I still creep over there when I am looking for information about certain Saturn things... Lots of info, but I never joined to get flamed for being new...

Old 08-13-2015, 11:53 PM

No, joey bag o donuts does not run it.

SC2Sick runs it. He is alright. Him and I got into it a few times, but were cool now.

I snapped back and didn't get banned, nor did I earn respect. It was just over and done with. I stopped posting over there, thought. Not worth my time. Hardly and Ion people anyways.