rough ride!!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Default rough ride!!

My wife has a 2007 Aura XR fully loaded. Maybe this is normal for the XR but this thing rides like a lumber truck. It drives beautifully, handles great but at slow speed it will jar your teeth out. When you leave our subdivision there are "tar strips" every 30 feet or so crossing the road. When you cross these buggers at about 20 to 25 mph. it is extremely rough. No rattles or bangs just ROUGH! the car has 50k on it and is in very good condition. I put new Mich. tires on it about a month ago to see if it would help but nope. It is to the point that she want to get rid of the car. I have a Silverado 2500 Hd and a Corvette with the Z51 package and neither are as rough as the Aura. Am I missing something or is this normal??

Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Banned

My wife's '09 Aura XE doesn't have problems like that ... something's amiss ....

Old 09-04-2013, 05:35 PM

I was afraid you would say that. Perhaps I should or will change the shocks and struts. This thing handles great but maybe I have a weak shock or strut. There are no bangs or clunks so I doubt this is the problem but I have to try something or it will be gone.
Thanks for your reply!!

Old 09-05-2013, 07:42 AM

Take it to a shop that you know or trust that does suspension work and ask them to look at it. It sounds like a strut is frozen to me, but I'm not much of a mechanic. Can you bounce the vehicle at all four corners or does one spot seem difficult to push down on?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Take it to a shop that you know or trust that does suspension work and ask them to look at it. It sounds like a strut is frozen to me, but I'm not much of a mechanic. Can you bounce the vehicle at all four corners or does one spot seem difficult to push down on?
Very good point! With that in mind I called a local Saturday morning radio show this morning to talk to "the experts". They agree that I very possibly have a frozen or damaged shock or strut. I will be digging in to this further later this year when time allows. I will post my findings if there are any.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:26 PM

And what were your findings?

Old 04-19-2014, 09:23 PM

Not much to say,

I went through the entire suspension, our local dealer went through it etc. No issues found. I drove a 2010 Aura XR and found it to ride rougher than I thought it should also. Its probably just me. My wife traded it in on a new CTS which rides extremely smooth and quite. At the same time I puirchased a used 2011 Sky redline which is in the shop getting a LS2 stuck in it. I will let you all know how the Sky comes out.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2014, 07:25 AM

No comparison between an Aura and a CTS I'm sure. It's probably more like night and day. Can't wait to see the outcome of the LS2 engine in that Sky!

Old 04-21-2014, 06:30 PM

I will sure let you know as soon as the Sky is done. It sounds kinda crazy but I did try one out at the shop and it was great! It is a little difficult to get rubber to hook up but still fun. As soon as I saw one with the LS2 I decided to keep my eye open for a good used Sky. I'm sure I will love it, if not it will be up for sale but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Old 05-11-2014, 01:28 PM

Hell yes....post pictures, post videos, post sound clips.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rough ride!!