I saw one of these things yesterday.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Default I saw one of these things yesterday.

Comming home from Down Town Phoenix yesterday afternoon one of these was in front of me. It did not look beat up or abused. A condition orphan cars assume quite quickly, but it did look a big neglected.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:38 AM

What the hell is it, John? I can't get a link to open.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
What the hell is it, John? I can't get a link to open.
A Saturn Reley

Old 02-26-2012, 03:08 PM

Thanks man, now I'm not so curious anymore. LOL

Old 02-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 AM

GM must have been hard pressed to sell them at some point in time. They have been made I think with every GM badge except Hummer. The one that tickled my funny bone was dressed up as a Caddilac. I can not imagine anyone wanting to pay good money for one like that. But! I guess they did not sell them, they stopped making them.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 PM

What, a caddilac? thats too funny and I dont even think I would believe it if I saw it.

I saw another one the other day actually. Kid was driving it like a maniac

Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 PM

These things ring a bell with me, more or less anyway. The relay had come out and it was 2007 and I finally accumulated enough money to buy a new Van. I both needed and wanted one and I was happy enough with my 1994 S Car that if the Saturn Van met my needs I would go buy one. I had been looking, the economy was lousy so car prices were good IF you had the money to buy one. I was leaning towards the Chrysler Town and Country and the dealers were talking excellent deals. I wanted the Stow and Go interior. I don't know whether I saw Saturn had a Van or I remembered, but went to the show room and say a Rebadged Chevy Van and I guess I did not really appreciate it as such and it was ugly and it was a full third more than Chrysler would sell me a T&C for. So I left and bought a T&C and never really looked back. Saturns no haggle pricing left me a bit dissappointed. Their price was not a good price for a Rebadged Chevy Van. It may be narrow minded, but I liked my Saturn and Still do. It was not a corporate platform car sold under different names. It was not ASSEMBLED from propriatory parts. It was designed and sold as an AMERICAN automobile and I guess if I wanted a rebadged Chevy VAN I would have gone to a Chevy Dealer and bought one. Have I bought Corporate Platform cars? Yes. I have. My last one was an Eagle Summit Wagon, made by Mitsubishi and sold by Chrysler. I bought it from a Lincoln Dealer that sold Jeeps and Eagle was a Jeep Brand name by Chrysler. I could of walked accross the street and bought exactly the same car from the Mitsubishi dealer with the Mitsbishi badge on it and would have, except it was at that time $1000.00 more than the one badged as an Eagle.
And my Chrysler could also be bought as a Dodge. But I wanted the Badge to say Chrysler AND it was almost 50% cheaper than the Saturn Van that they showed me and would not talk price. And it had seats that folded into the floor.
Oh Well, over and done. I like my T&C. I have 80,000 miles on it now and pretty much just put tires and gasoline in it.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:18 AM

My buddy has a 96' Town And Country and its been through being 4 kids first car and they still havent killed it.

It just beat my saturn too, only alittle bit though.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:18 AM

I can say no vans in my lifetime..................not one not ever.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I saw one of these things yesterday.