Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

dash cam anyone

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Default dash cam anyone

Is it just me on here that uses a dash cam ... ?

Name:  20140724_175800_zps6cf5815d.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  43.0 KB

Old 09-15-2014, 11:27 AM

I kinda' like the idea of installing front, back and even side views but at this point I'm not sure how I'm going to do it. I want everything to be as invisible as possible so the car still looks as factory as possible

J.R.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Personally I have no real interest in taping the idiocy of the drivers in front of me. It's more than enough just to avoid them.

While it might yield a nice bit of footage of scenic areas during drives when no other cars are around, it's just not my cup of tea.

To each their own

Old 09-16-2014, 06:10 AM

For me the cameras are all about having a record of any potential incident in a "this is what really happened" kind of way. Video evidence is hard to dispute.

J.R.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyR
For me the cameras are all about having a record of any potential incident in a "this is what really happened" kind of way. Video evidence is hard to dispute.

J.R.
Recordings are records. If you catch something messed up or funny so be it.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:22 AM

I started using it at the track. Then to have a record of **** if **** happens to me. Turns out I catch stupid *** drivers, and some times post what I catch. In the end, if someone runs into me I have proof of a number of things going on at the time.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:07 AM

If I had the money, I might do that. I had several near misses in FL on my recent trip. It's full of idiot drivers as is every place. Had some ******** punk nearly pull out in front of me yesterday as I was traveling down the main highway here at home. I COULD have yanked the wheel and swerved into the left lane, but opted not too. Some people just need to be taught a lesson and I was willing to teach him one if he'd made it another 3 feet!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:54 AM

With advertising heavy on driving while watching a rear view mirror camera, it makes me wonder if being responsible for your own actions while you should be looking through the windshield is even something that is important any longer.
If dashboard video's were all that relevant why not just show a movie and call it good to go.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by uncljohn
With advertising heavy on driving while watching a rear view mirror camera, it makes me wonder if being responsible for your own actions while you should be looking through the windshield is even something that is important any longer.
If dashboard video's were all that relevant why not just show a movie and call it good to go.
I have no idea what that means or has to do with a dashcam.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

I think he thinks the camera is pointed to capture what's happening behind the car.
And you'd be watching it in real time instead of watching the road

I think

But I don't think that's what you mean

I think

Quick Reply: dash cam anyone