Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

94' Gauge cluster Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Exclamation 94' Gauge cluster Lights

Anyone have or know of a good "how to" on changing lights in the gauge cluster. I want to make the lights similar to the ones in the video. I know this is a vue but it's possible on a Sl. I don't want to take apart my car before i know how to do it.
Thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=TP1-oupGo5w

Old 10-16-2010, 12:06 AM

I'm not exactly sure how one could make your dash board appear as in the video. To get the dash board apart to "Change lights" I would have to look up in either
The owners manual and I have mine for my 1994.
The servicing literature and I bought one for my 1994 from Checkers it is a Haynes, similar to Chilton and Mitchels or others.
Checkers = O'Riellys now I think, same as auto-zone and many others.
Or look it up in my Mitchels Soft ware service data I have.
Having said that, any dash unit I have had apart has been a matter of transparent plastic, colored plastic, Celephane or something equivelent and cheap quite frankly and lit up by white light light bulbs and I would expect to see the same on my 94. And short of taking the dashboard apart to actually do something with the pieces the only thing you can do is repace dead light bulbs with some sort of a twist of socket accessable by contorting yourself in odd positions while trying to reach the back side of the circuit board they are on.
But
Video things through the magic of software controlls can be enhanced multiple ways, known as special effects.
I really don't know if the colors seen on this Vue video have any relation to what is actually on the dashboard. Although I might have a tendancy to say it isn't.