New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Hey Y'all

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Default Hey Y'all

Hey y'all,

I've been really impressed what what I perceive to be cars that will last a really long time. I'm currently haunting craigslist for a Saturn no newer than '99 so I can use my Ford Explorer as a spare vehicle instead of primary. It will take some doing to beat said Exploder for longevity as she has @ 350K on her original motor and still runs very well. The gas mileage the Saturns get is my main focus, and that's why I'm trying to stay in the 90's with the S1's or S2's. I have some questions and I"m fixing to go lurk and see if they're answered previously or if I need to start new threads.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out!

tnvikesfan

Old 10-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to search the existing stuff first. You're 1 in 500 of the newbies. Most ask questions that are posted as stickys, get redirected to said stickys then leave the site without so much as a thanks.

Looking forward to trying to help you out.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:20 AM

Welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in Mid TN are you? I'm between Nashville and Jackson on the TN River. I had a 94 SC1 with the SOHC that had over 300,000 miles on it and still ran great. I had a 95 SC2 that only had 175,000 on it. Sold both of them and now own an 03 LW200. You and I have an advantage with Saturns in that the pull a part junkyard on Centennial Blvd in Nashville had a LOT of them in the yard. Go get yourself one and enjoy it.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not too far from Murfreesboro, Charlie, and when I do look on craigslist there seem to be more Saturns listed in the Nashville section than the surrounding areas. I know that's due to Spring Hill being so close. Are you around the Bucksnort area? Supposed to be some beautiful riding trails there.

DH can work on most stuff, and that's why we stay with older vehicles. The more computerized they are, the more you need the toys in shops to diagnose. Good to know about the boneyard, will also check one close to see what they have too.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:55 PM

Hey Girl welcome to our forum .....take a few and fill out a signature. Put in your first name, location, and car. Find it top right, the drop down next to your user name.

When you get that done start posting, you want to get a minimum count of 10 asap. Once you get 25 posts get a hold of sw2cam about an avatar.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:57 AM

Ok, got the sig done. Will work on the 10-count next!

Old 10-21-2014, 12:52 PM

Ok, your damn near the 10 count. You made a signature .... where the hell are the pictures of your Saturn. Post them right here or your a tnpackersfan.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM

Takes me about 30 minutes to get to Bucksnort, Ginny. I used to hunt in that area years ago. Big munitions company came along and bought a LOT of property in the area and that pretty much killed the hunting around there.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:05 AM

Welcome to the forum! I picked up a 92 sl1 for my sister as her first car, and let me tell you, that thing runs like a champ! You wont regret it at all!

Old 10-22-2014, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Big munitions company came along and bought a LOT of property in the area and that pretty much killed the hunting
Munitions company "killing" hunting.

Can't get too much more ironic than that.

Quick Reply: Hey Y'all