Just purchaes an 09 Aura in July..

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Default Just purchaes an 09 Aura in July..

can anyone tell me what the 2 pinhole lights in the overhead console are for? Jst noticed them when pulling into my dark garage last week.
Can't find a thing about them in the owner's manual. This is an XR with all the bells & whistles.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

ummm

light?

(helps in dark places -- like your garage)

Old 09-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Banned

?? pinholes ?? Top, sides, or bottom of the overhead console?

Old 09-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Default Here's a picture of the lights I was referring to.

The 2 little glowing pinhole lights between the map lights & the 3 remote buttons.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

ummm.... lights

so its not completely dark in the car?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Default Gee Derf, thanks for the enlighting answer.

I'm a college graduate & former race car driver....I know what lights are supposed to do. When you open the door, the interior lights come on. When you turn off the engine the interior lights come on. These little buggers barely glow & don't illuminate anything & are on anytime the engine is running.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Schooling and former occupation are neither critical nor relevant information w/r/t/ your original question regarding the lights. But thanks for that.....
_________
If they're on anytime the engine is on (a critical piece of information you neglected to include until now, thereby not giving anyone a chance to seriously help), I'd say they are most likely a convenience type light to help you locate the map lights and remote buttons at night without having to grope around for them. Not enough to "light anything", but just enough light to aid you in locating the buttons and map lights when there's no moon out.

Whether you're in the driveway or in the middle of nowhere (where typically there are no streetlights).

Seems like a thoughtful design touch to me.....

But I could be wrong.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:30 PM

OMG they are amber lights.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:51 AM

If you look closely you will also see the same kind of amber pin light illuminating the door handles on both sides. What a wonderful touch of user convenience. One of the reasons Saturn was always one of my favorites.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by *murph*
I'm a college graduate & former race car driver....I know what lights are supposed to do. When you open the door, the interior lights come on. When you turn off the engine the interior lights come on. These little buggers barely glow & don't illuminate anything & are on anytime the engine is running.

Should have taken the class they call common sense instead of the BaskinRobbins school of high performance ice cream eating

Last edited by sw2cam; 12-21-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Just purchaes an 09 Aura in July..