News, Updates & Announcements Stop in here to get the latest on SF happenings! Just take a look...

Saturn Web Sites

Old 07-01-2014, 02:22 PM

Kinda thought that's what might happen.....Now I know it's not just me.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:56 PM

ive tried a few times over the last few months to register, and it wont let me. I even emailed the owner/admin whoever he is letting him know, and nothing.
Oh well.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:03 PM

I couldn't sign up.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:36 PM

they obviously don't like us. its cool.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:52 PM

Not sure whats going on over there. Have talked to a few that know the owner and they were told the site will stay up and be fixed. A few new posts showed up awhile back but when I sign on they are gone and could not make a new post or reply to other posts. If nothing else I hope the site stays readable, because there is some good info over there for ION owners.

Thanks to everyone for going over and trying to use the site, at least I now know for sure it's not just me that had problems.

Thanks Guys.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:50 PM

any time RJ

Old 07-13-2014, 09:47 PM

Yes sir, I've tried to use the site a few times over the past year and left it at that. So I thank you for getting us together to really test it out. Like you, I know for sure it's not just me.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:58 AM

Well guys, I was looking for something last night, and IonForums came up.
Guess what is no longer around. The account has been suspended, and the site is down.
Ive gotten a lot of information off that site too. Geez.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:32 PM

I'll not name any names, but I know of a couple that wanted to take the site over and get it up and running. I also heard who ever (wink wink) the owner was/is would sell the site, but not just turn it over to anyone else. To be honest that is to bad. I know of this happening to a few other SATURN websites ... one that pisses me off to no end when I think about it. I think he knows it pissed me off that's why I no longer hear anything from him. To be honest, I rather not hear from him anyway. I really thought we were friends. I guess that was only when he knew I could help him get Saturn products at a huge discount. That goes for a couple others from that time.

Last edited by RjION; 10-09-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:27 AM

As a member of the automobile Hobby group I have been over the years members of
various AMC national clubs, a few of which had a fairly large and dedicated following along with a number of forum sites.
Many of which were niche items covering a particular model and yes information got shared. But as time passed and people got older as the company disappeared, the owners disappeared too, the niche sites became less active and most are now gone due to lack of involvement and the number of national clubs are down to two. One of the clubs was essentially dedicated to drag racing and some serious engine were and still are being built based on almost 50 year old antique engines now. A few niche manufacturers are gone, reproduction parts are disappearing, building an engine that might be competitive is way beyond affordable and while one of the remaining clubs is still strong or reasonably so the president of the club who has done an exceptional job of running it on a budget over the years has health issues and should something happen that club will die along with him.
Lack of participation is to be expected as people who own these things, purchase something different and join new clubs or get older.

Search this Thread