I'm Learning

Old 08-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Default I'm Learning

Sorry guys I listed me question in the new member area and not in the proper place, so hopefully i can get some answers in this area. so here goes..... I have been tracking a coolant leak on my wifes 07 with 3.5 for a while now, the leak is on passenger side. after fighting with coolant pressure testers i finally found one that would actually work. the radiator is the source of the problem, i ordered a new one and now am in the process of removing the radiator, after climbing around the front of this car, it looks like the radiator needs to come out from the front of the radiator support. my question is......has anybody replaced a radiator on this model (aura) and could you remove the radiator from the engine side or will i have to pull the front nose/bumper off. the latter really seams to be the answer but thats a lot of BS. A little help here would be appreciated.
Thanks Tysonsdad

Last edited by sw2cam; 08-27-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:05 PM

Wish I could help you, man, but I've never even looked under the hood on one of those. BUT, I've never seen a radiator that couldn't be removed from the inside.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:10 PM

Like I replied in your thread that I moved...........Search YouTube you may very well find a how to video.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:55 AM

Hi Guys; Well that was a interesting job and alot of work, after about 3 hours the new radiator is in, this radiator would not come out from the top, you have to take the radiator out from the bottom. i didn't find any usefull info on the internet, and no videos on youtube. If anybody wants detailed instructions let me know, as this job will be burned in my brain for a long time.
Tysonsdad

Old 09-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Banned

Glad you have it repaired and are back on the road -- enjoy

Old 09-02-2013, 07:22 PM

Wow! I never would have suspected that. How high did you have to raise it to get the radiator out?

Old 09-03-2013, 04:08 PM

After putting jack stands under the frame rails by both front doors i had about 20 inches from the front bumper to the floor, remove all the plastic and drain the coolant. plenty of room to get easy access to everything except the upper rad hose, which is burried behind a battery box vent tube. once all the hoses are removed and the fans slid to the side to remove them from the tabs on the rad, remove the two 13mm bolts from each frame mount radiator brackets, put something under the radiator and condensor to hold them in place so when you remove the lower radiator brackets from the frame they dont fall. take the clips out of the tranny cooler lines and remove the lines, this is a good time to use some line caps to stop tranny fluid from dripping out. I used a bungie cord to hold up the fans and then removed the rad brackets and lowered the rad and condensor down enough to get to the two bolts that keep them together, the top of the rad has pins molded to the side tanks that are held in rubber cups in the core support. after that pull the condensor down to remove it from the rad clips, pull the rad down and out toward the rear and thats about it. get up off the floor have a smoke then reverse the procedure, the most challenging part to the install was getting the condensor tabs back into the radiator tabs. a little more then 3 hours total and i'm sure i saved a lot of labor money. well guys i hope this helps if you have to do the job.
tysonsdad

Last edited by tysonsdad; 09-04-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:26 PM

Thanks for the detailed how to. I'm sure that someone will be able to use that somewhere down the line.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned

This thread rates a "sticky"

Search this Thread