A/C condensation

Old 09-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Default A/C condensation

I have a problem locating the condensation tube for the A/C. The passenger side rear floor board gets soaked. I've noticed very little condensation dropping to the ground after using a/c. Worse during conditions of high humidity. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have an '08 Saturn Aura with 3.5L

Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Banned

Uh huh ..... and by any chance, does your Aura have a sun roof??

Old 09-14-2010, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by OceanArcher
Uh huh ..... and by any chance, does your Aura have a sun roof??
No sunroof. There is barely a tablespoon of condensation under the vehicle after using the a/c. There is however about 3 cups of H20 in the floorboard.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned

You'll have to do a bit of disassembly work under the center of the dash. Behind the covers you should find the drain hose which is supposed to go to the outside of the car. Either the hose is plugged (forcing condensate to overflow the catch pan), or the hose itself has become disconnected from the catch pan assembly

Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by OceanArcher
You'll have to do a bit of disassembly work under the center of the dash. Behind the covers you should find the drain hose which is supposed to go to the outside of the car. Either the hose is plugged (forcing condensate to overflow the catch pan), or the hose itself has become disconnected from the catch pan assembly
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll have to get my awesome set of tools out. Seems that the easy fixes are getting harder to fix. Thanks again.