Collector's Vehicle?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 AM

You got it John...............your going to have fun in that ride, and it'll put a smile on your wife's face and that's what it's all about.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:50 PM

Again thank you. So happy I bought this from you. It's like a brand new car unreal how well you took care of it. My wife and I go for a ride almost every night with the top down, and she does get a smiles.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:12 PM

All I can say is ............... Cool.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:00 PM

To bad this site has never had much traffic for the SKY. I would have liked to see some information posted on here for others to learn from.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:08 AM

The Saturn Sky in my opinion is a neat car to have and own and when the came out I wished I was in the position to purchase one. I wasn't and frankly still aren't. But I could say that about the Corvette, the Plymouth Road runner and the Kaiser Darin.
All of which I would have liked to own and one time or another. I had a chance at a Corvette in the last couple of years but missed it and am kinda sitting on a chance for a 1956 Studebaker Hawk that is buried under flotsam and jettison in a garage. But that car came out of the mid west some where according to the rumor mill which pretty much says rust is a major issue. I'll see some time. The owner thinks it is a gold mine and it probably needs a full restoration.

But here is sales figures on the Sky:
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2013/06...sa-canada.html

and some information on them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Sky

But from experience it can be said that a popular car is valuable when time passes because it is still popular.

For a niche market vehicle such as the sky is with low sales the odds of it being valuable in a short period of time is quite low, but eventually the value will increase for remaining examples as the car collectors look around for something that is cheaper initially to purchase and probably will remain valuable as a collector car only as long as parts are available for restoration purposes from reproduction people if any.
Just Saying.
As there are a lot of niche vehicle collector cars from the 50's and 60's just now having enough value to them to warrant restoration expenses as an investment.

A good driver Studebaker hawk just sold at a collector auction for little more than late model used car prices. The Hawk was one of the last models, a 64 I think and definitely represents a niche market car from that era as a personal performance vehicle with some reproduction capability behind it.
But the restoration costs if needed would not take long to exceed the present market value of one.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:07 AM

Unc, my ION if left as is will be a prize one day. Not the same sort of prize the same year SKY will be. I'm sure the 2007 SKY will not be prized as much as a 2007 Ferrari. One thing for there will be someone that want's to have it sooner or later over 90% of other cars sold in the U.S. for 2007. There will be more people restoring SKY's than there will be people restoring Dodge Magnum's.

Last edited by sw2cam; 07-13-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:05 AM

My ION is nicer than your ION......................

Old 07-13-2014, 10:33 PM

Go to hell. Your ION is better than a new one. Mine is close, and if I look long enough I may find a real nice 2007 2.4L sedan. I bet I've looked at twenty 07 sedans and only came across one 2.4L. It was trashed, and would have been the perfect car. Had everything I wanted including being black and a manual. Don't me wrong, white is number one on the list, but black is more than good. The dark blue or gray are ok, I even like the green. At this point I don't give a dam what colour it is. Even french blue lol.

Last edited by sw2cam; 07-13-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:58 PM

I was actually thinking about the 2.4s the other night. That'll probably be next on my list after I finish the Redline/Sedan I have now. I really, really like the charcoal. I fell in love when I saw this.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3979177/2007-saturn-ion/

Old 07-30-2014, 04:49 PM

Billy your links does not open, and damn I wanted to read it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Collector's Vehicle?