Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Saturn SL2

Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Default Saturn SL2

I have a Saturn 2001 SL2 and I have a few problems and is hoping to find a resolve without spending a lot of money. Here are my problems, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1. When I first turn on my car when the weather is very cold my radiator light turns on for 1-3 minutes.

2. Sometimes it takes a second or two for the transmission to go into reverse after the car has been off for a while. The other gears work flawlessly, but for some reason going into reverse for the first time it takes a while.

3. The left connector for my rear defroster has fallen off, and I am looking for something that will reconnect it so my defrosters will work again. I have tried Auto Zone, even the parts department at Saturn and they don't have anything.

-Thanks

Old 12-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

1) Check coolant level in reservoir -- sounds like you are tripping the low coolant switch at the bottom of the reservoir ---until the coolant in the system expands as it circulates and heats up....

2) Welcome to the land of reverse slam. Please search "reverse slam" on the forum to survey the extensive discussions and remedies offered for this fun phenomenon

3)is it the metal connector that is supposed to be tied into the metal lines on the window that carry the current? If so, if you were REALLY careful you might be able to solder it back on to get the electrical connection restored but you would need to physically support the connector otherwise as you don't want to use the solder joint as a structural connection--only an electrical one. Please keep in mind I have never tried this -- and you run the risk of burning up the lines on the rear window if you apply too much heat -- remember that the lines are insulated so you'd need to melt through that to connect to the connector below.......so try at your own risk....

Old 12-21-2009, 12:45 AM

oh ok gotcha, i will give it a try

Search this Thread