Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here...

I know it's not wax but what do you think of...

Old 07-19-2014, 11:20 PM
JDC
Default I know it's not wax but what do you think of...

Nu-Finish?

When I bought my car, (1996 SW2) I had Saturn detail it and "wax" it with this stuff before I took delivery.

Does wax hold up as well as this stuff in the really hot southwest summers?

Old 07-21-2014, 02:37 PM

I tried that stuff a couple times a long time ago. Never finished the container, just put it in the trash after awhile ..

Old 09-06-2015, 09:08 AM

Meguires NXT Generation paste wax is awesome. Try it and you won't regret it. I've used so many waxes and this stuff is in my opinion, the best. If you want a really nice finish get a quality polish and polish the car then wax it. Comes out awesome!

Old 09-07-2015, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

I'm just about doe exterior detailing of my 95 SC2, with of all things, Turtle Wax polising compound, ColorBack, and Meguiar's cleaner+Wax.

The polishing compound was applied and spread using a large rotating pad tool borrowed from a body shop. The results were/are amazing. The car had never been polished/claybar'd, etc during it's 20 year lifespan. Even the trunklid reflector panel is transparent again. Had never used one before. Interesting learning experience. Flung polishing compound all over the car so I had to wash it before I could wax it.

Took me no time to wax as the clear coat was so smooth and pore-free, the car didn't really pill in too much wax into the surface. The car is showing it's paint age, though, as the different body panels are starting to fade to different shades of white. Not drastic but noticeable.

So it would seem to me that as long as you get a polishing compound with a fine enough grit, all I is well.

As for the colorBACK, I don't know that it is any different than polishing compound as I could not tell a discernable difference between the two; but my host who procured the large wheeled polisher buffer insisted I use it so I did.

I'll post pictures after I figure out how to address 15 yrs of ignorant lack of cleaning and protecting.

I live by meguiar's wax products and will die by them