Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

1994 sw2 acting Werid

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Saturn mechanic said no matter the cause I probably washed the cylinder on the trip home and a truly successful rebuild was unlikely. .
Considering all the things that go on inside an engine. The environment caused by firing off the fuel mixture and the pressure from the explosion and the amount of oil that gets tossed around by the crank shaft splashing though the the oil in the oil pan and the oil pumped up thought the connecting rod and squirted out on to the cylinder wall. The over all function of the oil control rings and a few other things that sort of come to mind in the back ground.
The statement from a certified mechanic that the cylinder wall is now un-serviciable because of some reason or another because some amount of gasoline got into it and WASHED the cylinder wall thus deeming the engine non-rebuildable?
It makes me wonder if he company didn't deserve to go out of business with the incredible lack of logic that comes up with a statement such as that.
Think for a minute? When the engine was fresh and had never run at all, there was no oil there! Common! Get real. Or is this really a reality show?
Something that has no bearing on anything real, but serves as some form of distorted entertainment.
but I will admidt, sitting in the customer lounge waiting for some one to address the $350.00 previously estimated repair on my Saturn prior to the dealer closing his doors I heard things like this described to people who had no clue about maintaining there car and remembering the stories I was no listening to were nothing like the customer service given to people in 1996 when the car was purchased.
And then the nice little guy with clip board tried to justify the explanations on how my $350.00 sun room repair had turned into a $3500.00 Epic. Needless to say the seen was not terribly friendly.
DANG!