Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by derf
... hook up a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel line's schraeder test port located under the hood and measure it by viewing the gauge as you drive the car. You seem to know how to get it to act up under stress -- so go do so and watch that fuel pressure needle on the gauge when things act up. It may drop to 0 momentarily, then right back to normal.

If so, you'll likely need a new fuel pump......
Snake the fuel pressure gauge line between the hood and windshield before attaching to the port, with the gauge facing the windshield. You will only be able to latch the hood on the first click but that is fine as long as the latching mechanism is in working order.

Note the fuel pressure at idle.
Go drive it up your favorite hill and make it act up. To be extra safe, have a buddy ride shotgun and note the gauge behavior/readings.

Let us know what you find.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:36 PM
Default Changed 02

Hi I changed out the rear 02 sensor and the problem with my car going up hill and losing power and then picking it up again when I give it gas still happens. Seems to be getting worse. Now have the code 140. Any suggestions?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:41 PM

Hi I changed out the rear 02 sensor and the problem with my car going up hill and losing power and then picking it up again when I give it gas still happens. Seems to be getting worse. Now have the code 140. Any suggestions?

Old 02-20-2015, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

P0140 - O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0140 is set when the voltage signal sent from the rear O2 sensor to the PCM is constant.

There was no P0140 before replacement.

There is now.

It is either the wrong part, a defective right part, or an installation issue.

Universal wire-it-yourself deals don't count as parts to me-- won't even discuss so don't ask.

Oh, and the wiring harness and car's wiring should not have been messed with.

1) look at the post I made on 12/7/2014 (over 2 MONTHS ago) and then requoted last month. I offered you a straightforward way to have you and a buddy track your fuel pressure in real time yet over 2 months later you still haven't done it --with no explanation -- just more requests for more suggestions and more help. Fuel pump -- rule it out /rule it in. It's that simple.

What's up with that?

This post brought to by Claymation Courtyard

Old 02-24-2015, 04:28 PM

Really? "What's up with that?" Really?
That's not very nice.
I feel I've taken steps to take care of my car through the advise given and when I have been able to.

If it annoys you to give helpful answers, not really a good idea to give help. I don't want to bother people, that's why I'm on a forum I thought that people like to offer help on and be nice about it all.

Maybe your just having a bad day. We all have those.

Thanks I will check it out.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:41 PM

derf has given you some very good advice. I don't know if you have taken it or not as you have not provided any feedback indicating that you have.

Edit: I do think that it is possible that you got a bad new rear O2 sensor, if you still have the old one, you might try putting that back in. One more thing that has not been brought up, and you will need to do a fuel pressure test for this, is the fuel pressure regulator. This is located in the fuel rail. Normally these fail to regulate and the fuel pressure goes too high, but possibly yours is regulating too low.

Last edited by keith; 02-25-2015 at 01:50 PM.