Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

im stumped

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 07:56 PM
Banned
Default im stumped

good evening everyone,

Ok here is my situation a few months back my daily was having problems starting so like most people I checked out the basic culprits battery and terminals, starter, alternator all those replaced then it ran well for about a month now she starts when she wants all the lights come and such but no start or crank even. but wait about half a day and she will start right up...any ideas...thanks

Old 06-22-2015, 08:52 PM

It sure sounds like a ground problem to me, but I'm not a mechanic. Kind of strange that it comes and goes though. How many miles and have you ever replaced the ECTS and pigtail?

Old 06-23-2015, 02:18 AM

Please stop by the New Member section and introduce yourself.

Once you get that post, ill explain the rules to you so I don't clutter this thread.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Manual or automatic?
what model ?
what year?
how many miles?
serv eng soon light on?
codes?

Can't very well diagnose unknown vehicles on this site, and we don't play 20 questions either

Last edited by derf; 06-25-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:29 PM

Hey Mopar, like Rubehayseed suggested, could be a ground problem. First I would check that voltage is getting to the starter solenoid when cranking, the small wire at the solenoid is the ignition feed, which powers the solenoid...when it acts-up again. But for now you could still check engine and body grounds at the battery. Best to check with a voltage drop method. Other considerations would be starter relay circuit, ignition switch, neutral safety switch or clutch switch, to much free-play in the automatic transmission shift cable, and check the security system for codes if equipped with a factory security system, sometimes they loose the ability to recognize the chip in the key...intermittently.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri; 06-25-2015 at 10:43 PM.