Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

A couple questions

Old 10-09-2006, 10:33 PM

Hi, brand new to this forum. I have a 2001 SL2 Saturn. How do you know what type of engine you have? Went to buy plugs and I know its a 1.9L but not sure DOHC or not. I know I can just pull a plug and check.

Having a problem with the front driver turn signal. Rear or front bulb isn't burned out, I tried replacing them.The flasher is flashing very fast. Any suggestions?

My sunroof motor is burned out. What is the average price tohave this fixed?

I read a lot of posts and I guess Saturns are known for eating oil. Mine hasbeen eating oil for a long time. I didn't realize they did that and checked it one day and there was no oil on the dipstick. I drive a lot of highway miles and wonder howlong I drove it this way.Some people say they get 40 mpg, WOWI wish I did! I get about 33mpg.

I love the car though and will probably get another.Iwishthey still made the SC series. I loved them. By the way, cool site.

Rick

Old 10-10-2006, 12:14 PM

I own a 1997 Saturn Sl and the valve cover says SOHC. I'm not sure about a 2001 SL2. If it doesn't say something on the valve cover a dealer would be able to answer that question. Don't have a sun roof, but a dealer could give you an estimate.The oil burning problem seems to be common with Saturns. Frequently check the oil and add as needed.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:52 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Hey bro here is a clue what engine you got...You indicated SL2...SL2 equal twin cam. Engine code LL0.

Your turn signal i think....you have the wrong bulb installed if you indicate that it is not burnt out...go to saturn to confirm ifyou have the right bulb installed. Please check all of them.

The sunroof issue...you could just need a motor ASM or you might need the whole sunroof module...Sunroof module=$$$$.