Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

95 SL2 5sp crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Default 95 SL2 5sp crank no start

So the other day my sl2 died in the middle of an intersection, after awile i was able to get it started again but it ran like **** and i had to rev the **** out of it so it wouldn't die. I finally got it to run somewhat desent, but it would die for a second and then be fine again. i finally got it home and not it wont start at all.

This is where i am at right now,
When key is turned to run, Battery light lights up and airbaglight flashes then goes out. NO SES light, No coolent temp or level light and fuel pump will not prime. The SES and Coolent lights were checked at back of cluster and PCM and both have power. Also there is no Fuel pump trigger signal from the PCM.

There is spark
CPS Good
ECTS Good
Fuel pump runs when relay is bypassed
Fuel injectors not fireing
Will run if starting fluid is used
Also checked the F5 pin and isn't melted or anything

I am lost and any help would be awesome
Thanks

The car used to be automatic and was swapped to 5sp also

Old 06-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Banned

I'd check the fuel pump fuse on the (IPJB) instrument panel junction block first. The power for the fuel pump comes directly from the fuel pump relay to the pump - it does not come from the PCM. The relay may be bad, because you mentioned the pump ran when the relay was bypassed.

How do you know the fuel pump is not priming, did you put a fuel pressure gage on the fuel rail when you bypassed the relay? The possibility of a bad pump is also on the horizon.

The voltage for the injectors come from the (UHJB) underhood junction block. Check the fuse marked INJ. The (PCM) powertrain control module provides a ground or "trigger" for each of the injectors.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:52 PM

the fuse is good. What i am saying is that there is no trigger signal being sent from the PCM to the fuel pump relay. and i haven't tested the actual fuel pressure when it is jumped but i know there is fuel at the test port by pressing the valve in. And as far as the injectors there is powering getting to the Injectors but the PCM isn't Triggering them with the negative voltage i tested it with a noid light at the PCM and the injector harness.