Saturn Customizations

Old 03-30-2016, 11:20 AM
Banned
Default Saturn Customizations

Hello my name is Fabian and this is my first time on the Forum, I am looking to modify my Saturn as I already have it on rims limo tint and 1 12 in the trunk. I have recently changed the breaks, changed the gas I use and am using lucas everytime I change my oil. I am starting to tell the difference in the way it drives by just those little things, does anyone have any other mods that can be done to make it run better? I am going to be replacing the spark plugs and the wires in the next 2 weeks anyone have any other suggestions? I also want to do a little mod to the chrome that goes around the vehicle, I spoke to a tint guy in the same parking lot as us and he said he would not be able to put the tint on the door chromes because they are to small and will come off in a couple washes, does anyone have any clues on what to use to make them look like a shiny black to match my rims and tint? Thanks in advance and I am glad I can be among other happy Saturn owners!!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:50 PM

How many miles on the car? I live in Michigan, so I do not know about issues, that would be affected by your climate. There are several guys from the west, that can provide more insight. Seafoam in EGR valve, tranny and coolant flush, are my suggestionson.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:11 PM
Banned

Well ive got 160k+ so it has been ran alot, I was also thinking about blacking the chrome that is on the door sides the trunk lid grille and around the door glasses. I want to keep it a shiny piece but would just like to make it black to match my tint and rims, do you have any suggestions? People say plasti dip but that will be like a matte color and I know they sell a clear for the dip but I have also heard some horror stories with Plasti Dip so I do not know what to do at this point.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:13 AM

I think you might have better luck to your questions in the Detailing and Engine sections. I'm on the fence about Plasti Dip, I've also seen REALLY bad work done. I really wish the car was made for a few more years, because there are few accessories from them. Sorry you didn't find more help. Ask Google.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Well, it's kinda split across thre categories. I didn't read it when it first got posted so nobody's fault but mine. We'll just leave it here; more visibility anyway.

Plugs:

If you mean routine maintenance with factory spec plugs, cool.
If you mean to another plug, Why?
Hotter, colder?
If you're not modding the running conditions under the hood, why would you need to change the plugs? Aftermarket is not always better than stock. Ask any S-series driver

Plasti -Dip

Bonestock will come along and give you a good primer on plastidip. He's done a good bit. I think the thing with it Is that you have to practice on crap stuff until you get your technique down. If you walk up to your grille laying across sawhorses and that's the first time you've eve sprayed it, it will indeed look like colored snot.

Bones is good w the clear and can likely provide some tips.

I don't think there is much out there for an aura aftermarketwise. Everybody assumed Saturn was shuttering soon.

Last edited by derf; 04-01-2016 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Banned

Yea maybe it would be better to keep it stock, I was thinking about getting a cold air intake after I change the spark plugs then maybe get an exhaust. It is very limited to what they sell for that vehicle I know Saturn was going under but they could have made a little more options as to customization lol. I work at a body shop for classic cars and I was thinking I may just have the chrome sprayed with a metallic rather then messing with the Dip. Does anyone have any underglow kits to show off or maybe some interior lights? I also work in the same parking lot of a tint shop and they do alot of customization's I was thinking of maybe getting some lights under the dash where the foot pedals are at and in the passenger side as well. Maybe in the rims or under the vehicle if anyone's got some pics of their customization's that would be great. SHOW OFF YOUR SATURN!!! lol I will be posting pictures shortly of mine.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

A true CAI might add a few HP, but without running the gauntlet with free flowing exhaust, headers, etc, you're not gonna feel it. You can do custom exhaust but that means $$.

To put this politely, I have not seen any modded car with underlighting in at least 7 or 8 years. Of course I don't hang with that crowd, but I do not ever see them driving around at night. As for interior lighting, I have no idea.

Alot of folks tint their taillights and such but that is not legal in all states so you have to check. Larger tires and drop springs are popular too. Just remember the Aura was not designed to be an excessively "sporty" car, so you can only mod it to a point; past that point it will likely look "out of place." My opinion anyway.

But it's your ride, not mine,

Just trying to help.

Last edited by derf; 04-01-2016 at 10:51 PM.

Search this Thread