Aura tpms problem need help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 12:09 AM
Banned
Question Aura tpms problem need help please

08 aura xe. Driver side rear tpms randomly went off and error couple days back. I tried tonight to reset the tpms system. All worked fine besides that one. Now they all reset and won't go back on. Can I set them up and just not that last one? Or do all 4 have to be working? I leave for a road trip in 3 days and trying to figure all this out thanks.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

If the other three can function while one does not (your original situation), the system can function with only three functioning sensors; it should just throw the same error.

What was the error?

If you are strictly following the system reset procedure in your owner's manual, then they should all reset and function. Make sure you're performing each step as outlined. Per your post, the fact that the 4th is now resettable seems to totally disrupt system operation unless you sre missing a step in the reset procedure.

If you're sure you're working true to the outlined procedure, 3 out of 4 beats 0/4.
OHHH -- now #4 is responding and hosing the system without giving you an option to use or not use #4 sorry, missed that

Not sure if this would work but you could try pulling the tire with the bad TPMS valve stem, put the spare on, move he bad TPMS tire away from the vehicle, then try the system reset. If it can't find #4 then #4 in theory can't communicate with the system. UNLESS it remembers #4 and lets it join back in when you put it back on the car

Whether that takes down the system can only be determined by trying

Old 12-31-2015, 08:19 AM
Banned

Well I reset the system, and I was on the last tire (rear drivers, the one with the issue) and it wouldnt let the system beep. Well I let the air out waited about 30secs, and I think the system reset itself because none of them are on.... Im debating on just going up to discount tire and having them check it out, and they said like $60 to replace it if its broken. going on a road trip and would like to have em'