Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!!

Looking for a rear defroster plug for the button on the dash

Old 01-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Default Looking for a rear defroster plug for the button on the dash

I've got a 1995 SL1 and I need that plug. No auto supply places carry it or at least don't have it in their computers. If anyone has one of these or a '91-'95 SL! to part out please let me know. Thanks.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

I found this on ebay.

95-99 Saturn S-Series SL SC SW Defroster Switch with traction control | eBay

he listed years seem goofy but the connectors are apparently included. If all three switches are in use, they have of course three connectors ( I need one myself).

It's an sl1 so you would not have factory fog lamps, but as a 95 you might have trac control. BUT since you said anything from 91-95 is cool, you must not have trac control.

So there must be only the defroster switch in there.

I find it hard to believe they would have changed the wiring for that switch from year to year. I'll see what I can find ya. if i get overwhelmed by too many choices, you may get 5 of them, but 5 is better than 0. )

If you see this today (Tuesday), email the address at the bottom of my signature and we'll take it from there. If not, I will blindly purchase as much as I can and send it COD.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

The ONLY diff between 1st gen anything defroster switches and 2nd gen anything defroster switches and cabling is that the 1st gens could not be manually turned off. It was a countdown circuit. I do not know if that was accomplished by the switch itself or the circuit it led to.

Eh, prob the circuit.

So you DO need a
91-95 1st gen SLx

but I do not see why a
91-95 first gen SWx or
91-96 1st gen SCx would not be the same part/wiring

Old 01-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

.Matt

I scored you a connector today from a 95 SL2 at a junkyard outside Detroit

I first gen sedan.. Switch was gone but connector just staring me in the face.
Cut as much wire as I could.

So how much is it worth to you?

Just kidding.
PM me and we'll work something out.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default Defrost Connector, anyone?

Ok Matt -- here are the pictures I promised in my PM.

For the record, it has no part number because the ENTIRE chunk of harness it hangs off of has the part number, and it is considered integral to the harness. So no part number for just the connector.

Please see attached pics and PM me.

I am pretty certain this is what you are after. The wire length was limited by the fact that it "merged" pathways into a taped up harness run and I was assuming from you saying that you just need the connector that you did not need 10 feet of associated wire. I got all I could.

Attached Thumbnails Looking for a rear defroster plug for the button on the dash-95sl2-defroster-switch-connector-w-harness-1.jpg   Looking for a rear defroster plug for the button on the dash-95sl2-defroster-switch-connector-w-harness-2.jpg   Looking for a rear defroster plug for the button on the dash-95sl2-defroster-switch-connector-w-harness-3.jpg