Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l-series-sedans-wagons-26/)
-   -   2003 L200 Anti theft flashes and car stalls out (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l-series-sedans-wagons-26/2003-l200-anti-theft-flashes-car-stalls-out-6827/)

Dizzy 05-30-2012 09:29 AM

2003 L200 Anti theft flashes and car stalls out

Hello, I have a 2003 Saturn L200 and was driving home Monday and as we were pulling away the anti theft light started flashing and the car stalled out, we were able to start it twice more but it kept stalling. on the 3rd stall the car refused to start and I had to get it towed to a mechanic. I went back and tried starting it again before they took it into the garage for service but it still refused to start. The mechanic tried several different things but nothing worked, when he turned the key ahead it wouldn't even show how much fuel was in the tank or anything. He thought it was the BCM so I went and bought one and he installed it, the car started up! I drove the car home on the hwy approx 30 KMs and she was perfect! Later I went to the store, when I came out and started the car and attempted to drive out of the parking lot, the anti theft started blinking and the car stalled again. I was able to start it up several times over and over as it kept stalling on my way back from the store but each time I was able to turn it over and get going again for a few more minutes and then the anti theft would do it again. I am totally lost at what the issue is right now. I did notice after the BCM was replaced, my keyless entry was no longer working and I can only assume it's because the BCM I installed maybe needed to be programmed for my car, or the previous car it came out of maybe didn't have the remote entry as a factory option like mine did. The car still started until this morning when my b.f went out and tried it before work but now it doesn't even start, it just turns over again and again. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I love this car but I've been through hell and back with it. This is just one of many issues I've had. If anyone could help me I would be so very grateful! Thanks in advance to everyone :D

sw2cam 05-30-2012 07:37 PM

So the light thats flashing says "Anti theft" ?
Kinda tough to tell whats going on with all the useless drama of a dime store novel added.

Dizzy 05-30-2012 09:03 PM

Sorry you're right. The light says anti theft, now it is also showing a car with a wrench in the middle of the dash as well. Again, sorry for the novel above.

RjION 05-30-2012 09:19 PM

Really, never new any Saturn to have a light that spelled out the words anti theft on the dash.

Dizzy 05-31-2012 07:44 AM

It shows a lock and says anti theft right underneath, it lights up orange. I could take a pic when I get home. I have tried the reset sequence where you turn the key ahead for 10 minutes then take it out and repeat 3 times but it doesn't work and now it won't even start anymore. I did manage to drive it home and once I got home and tried to start it again it did work, the next day came back and tried to start again and no go.

Originally Posted by RjION (Post 30868)
Really, never new any Saturn to have a light that spelled out the words anti theft on the dash.

Dizzy 05-31-2012 07:47 AM

I am being told the light that flashes is the pass lock, the one that has the lock icon and says anti theft.

RjION 05-31-2012 08:36 AM

"never new any Saturn to " Looks like my fingers went blind for moment. I have never seen anti theft spelt out on the dash. Thats something new to me.

I have never had a passlock problem with any of the 15 Saturns we have owned and one was a LW-300. So the question is what to do.....First make sure the battery is fully charged. Second make sure the battery cables are CLEAN and tight.

30-Minute Learn Procedure
1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON; the vehicle will not start.

3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes, the telltale will turn
OFF.

4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. The
vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords
on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
Important: The vehicle learns the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code and/or password on
the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition
OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock™ Sensor Data Code
and/or password.

7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100
ignition cycles.

Good Luck

Dizzy 05-31-2012 08:41 AM

I actually tried that several times to no avail. I'm stumped!

RjION 05-31-2012 08:48 AM

Sounds to me you have worked yourself into the corner of now having to bring the car into a GM dealer that does service on SATURNS. Bring the original BCM along with and tell the service writer you have been changing parts.

Don't take your SATURN to BillsAuto&BaitShop

Dizzy 05-31-2012 09:13 AM

That's my other issue, they won't return my calls. I keep calling to get an appt but they don't call back. I will have to go in there in person and demand service :) Thanks for all your help!