Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic...

Broken Fibula by Ankle, Shattered Rear Glass

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
Default Broken Fibula by Ankle, Shattered Rear Glass

I had the joy of rolling over my ankle on Thursday while walking at breakneck speed in dress shoes to an interview.

Caught my toe on the sidewalk, folded my ankle underneath me and went down.

Had to walk another 1.5 blocks on my broken ankle to get to the interview.

No I didn't get the job., just a broken fibula and likely ligament damage.

**** me.

That was after backing into the edge of my mailbox and shattering my rear window in my 97 SC2. You don't want to know how expensive that is to replace.

Last edited by derf; 02-25-2017 at 03:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Wow dude! I hope you come out of this with little pain.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:49 PM

Dude! That sucks! When it rains, it pours...

Old 02-07-2017, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Just got my auto ins renewal policy and noticed that, contrary to my memory, I had removed only the collision coverage -- the comprehensive is still there!!!!! So my back glass should be covered !! -$250 ded

Anlke slowly healing but the change in swelling elevated vs hobbling around for 5 min is insane..

I landed so hard on my foot that the imprint of the upper edge of my dress shoe bruised my foot from 1/2 way back on one side, all the way around the back, and 1/2 the way up the other side

Old 02-12-2017, 11:18 AM

Quit your whining, Candy ***. My wife had her ankle replaced and she hasn't shed one tear about it. She bitches about it hurting every day, but she ain't crying about it. If you didn't want the job, you should have just canceled the interview. Love ya, buddy!

Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Quit your whining, Candy ***. My wife had her ankle replaced and she hasn't shed one tear about it. She bitches about it hurting every day, but she ain't crying about it. If you didn't want the job, you should have just canceled the interview. Love ya, buddy!
One post is whining? I don't remember saying I'm crying. And your wife gets to take controlled substances for the pain.

Oh wait. I never mentioned anything about pain.
Please take a remedial reading course and get back to us.
And Re knows you're into her stash so ur not foolin anyone.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by derf
One post is whining? I don't remember saying I'm crying. And your wife gets to take controlled substances for the pain.

Oh wait. I never mentioned anything about pain.
Please take a remedial reading course and get back to us.
And Re knows you're into her stash so ur not foolin anyone.
Baaaaaahahaha! I KNEW I could elicit a response from you. LMAO. If I were to take a controlled substance, I'd probably track down the dishonest old bag that sold us the house without revealing the issues with it. And put a bullet in her. Turning into a money pit and I don't have any. I keep hoping to find an IRS tax refund addressed to her. She'll never see it.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

failure to disclose KNOWN issues is illegal. Key is proving she knew

Old 02-16-2017, 07:11 AM

Well, she had done several "improvements" in order to sell the house. It appears that all she did was have someone cover up a multitude of problems. No recourse now, for us, as it's been over a year since we purchased it. I just have to fix what I can, when I can and live with it. Such is life. What's your recovery time going to be on your ankle? Are you keeping it elevated and icing it? Gotta suck because I know there's some work you were wanting to do to your Saturn. What about the rear windshield?

Old 02-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Been icing and elevating like a fiend. Icing seems to have lost its use but still elevating.

Swelling down some. Been 2 weeks. Fracture was not displaced and broken bone ends stayed very close together. Every time I go from elevated to foot on the floor, I can feel the rush of (I assume) blood/etc filling into my foot. As my blood pressure rises, it swells more and more and is excruciatingly painful as it puts pressure on the weak spots, bruises, damaged tissue, etc. Must be alot of damaged blood vessels as the only thing I can think of that would swell that fast would be blood leaking out of damaged arteries.

I got permission to walk on it in my boot based on the extent of healing of the bone.
Hurts but surprisingly not too bad. Too much is bad.

Recovery time? I'll call it recovered when I can put a normal shoe on it 5 min after I stand up first thing in the morning.

Don't think there's a time limit on failure to disclose.

Also, check if your homeowner's policy covers "undiscovered pre existing" stuff.

Quick Reply: Broken Fibula by Ankle, Shattered Rear Glass