My Redline

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
If you wait ill trade my ZZP intake... I'm pretty sure it's 3 inch...
Well damn...i just ordered one before I came to work

Old 03-31-2015, 11:01 PM

The only thing I don't like about it is filter placement... I have to take out the headlight to access the clamp, then I have to pry the inner fender from the bumper skin to get the filter out... Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I think a short ram would be easier to service...

Old 03-31-2015, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
The only thing I don't like about it is filter placement... I have to take out the headlight to access the clamp, then I have to pry the inner fender from the bumper skin to get the filter out... Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I think a short ram would be easier to service...
I got a deal on a k&n. So I'm gonna try it out and see how it holds up.
I didnt think filter service would be that hard..but them again, a filter like that shouldn't have to be aerviced as often

Old 04-08-2015, 10:27 PM

Waiting on 2 last parts to come in and I can get tuned...so close, but so far away.
Just need the bolts for my pulley, and the oversized belt tensioner. UGHHH

So this is where I will be:
60# injectors
1 step colder plugs
k&n intake
ls4 TB
Full cooling mods (debating adding meth)

If I don't see over 250 to the wheel, I am going to be mad.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:27 AM

Guys, I need to stop trolling when I drink...Now talking to someone about buying some Brembos...LMAO

Old 04-09-2015, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by goaliemo
Waiting on 2 last parts to come in and I can get tuned...so close, but so far away.
Just need the bolts for my pulley, and the oversized belt tensioner. UGHHH

So this is where I will be:
60# injectors
1 step colder plugs
k&n intake
ls4 TB
Full cooling mods (debating adding meth)

If I don't see over 250 to the wheel, I am going to be mad.
From what I read, you should be at around 275, tuned... We will probably end up real close(unless you get dyno time), as i am really considering a 2.7 pulley, and I'm probably gonna throw my ZZP intake back on...

Still debating between OTTP and ZZP for the tuned PCM, haven't got any info from RLF that I'm aware of...

You might go two steps colder with the plug... Will help with detonation some...

If you do the water/meth kit, I highly suggest tuning it as a WATER injection system... after all, water is free and can be replenished anywhere, but the methanol may be hard to come by... Would hate to see you run out, not find any, and kill the engine with detonation for not having the methanol...

Old 04-09-2015, 01:29 PM

I need to find out where my plugs need to be. I thought 1 step would be good, but might need the 2.
I need to look into the water injection you were talking about. Water is definitely easier to obtain than meth.
And I could probably make something at home then.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:17 PM

Basically, if you are getting a lot of KR, then a colder plug can help some... You can home make your water injection, or you could buy the kit and just not run the methanol... I will try and find the thread on the ranger forum so you can read it for yourself instead of relying on my memory...

You will need a Hobbs switch http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...&Store_Code=tp
And a nozzle for spraying, which can be sourced from OTTP

Get the blower spacer from OTTP, this gives two fittings(one for the Hobbs switch, one for the nozzle), and puts the water after the blower(which gives longer rotor coating life)

Go junkyard diving and find a windshield washer fluid reservoir, preferably from an older car with headlight washers/rear window washers(better pump)

Use the Hobbs switch to power a relay, and use the relay to power your pump

You could probably get this done for $60, not counting the spacer...

Last edited by 19bonestock88; 04-09-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:16 PM

I like the sound of the price.
And yea, it would be post blower. Ruining it will just convince me more to buy a TVS and not bother twincharging.

Looking forward to reading this.
May be a lot cheaper of a mod than I though.

Oh, got the K&N on today. The stock air box is a pain in the ***. It cracked trying to get it out. So I ended up beating the crap out of it to get it out. Ill get another one from a blazer next time I go to the junk yard.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Man, I misspoke... The blower spacer was from ZZP, and will cost like 160 bucks, or something like that...

Quick Reply: My Redline