New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New Member Here

Old 02-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Default New Member Here

Hello all. Don't know much about cars but I did recently purchase a 2007 Ion 3. Just trying to learn whatever I can. The shop that I purchased it from has done work for me before on other cars and have always been pretty trustworthy. The check engine light is on and they said they were going to replace the TCM this week. The car has been sitting up awhile since they repaired a front end collision (frame, alignment, and airbags are good). I just need it to get me to work (20 miles or so) and back and so far it has been okay. The car needs work but as long as the engine and tranny hold up, I think I can afford some improvements. I uploaded some pics in an album. Not sure how to post em. But, technically don't want to get kicked for not posting. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:27 AM

Welcome to the site! I'm new myself to this forum and thought I'd welcome another user while I'm at it.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:59 AM

Welcome to the Saturn Forum. There's a bunch of Ion guys here to help you out with anything you need. Well, maybe not ANYTHING.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:16 PM

Welcome to the forum. Just do the repairs you need as you can afford to do them, both time wise and money wise. Saturns are damn good cars and can take a lot of abuse. Just ask Billy if he ever comes back!

Old 02-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Billy is out there....

Also. you use the "go advanced" button to open a window with a response box like this one but with more tool buttons at the top.

Click on the paperclip to attach pics. You will be dinged for <10 posts if you don't. Just do one pic per post and describe it. I go by what the post count from the site tells me.

Hell, I've PM'd people w 9 posts and given them an extra 48 hours, checked to see if they've read it, and they still don't post a 10th post. It's like they're daring me -- or of course they have what they need----or so they think.

It's amazing how many people join and never post.
It's amazing how many people post, get an answer, and never come back.
It's amazing how many people challenge the basic simple rules just to challenge them when they could be asking questions about their rides

In summary, welcome to the site! Post Post Post ! I really don't like banning people but 10 turns out to be pretty close to what it takes to weed out inactive one-timers.

Oh, and please don't become an inactive one timer
I'm sure you can find something in the off-topic section to jump in on

From 19bonestock88 's back woes and entirely numb leg to my bizarre balance neck issues and Rube's wife's brush w the other side, we talk about anything and everything.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:03 PM

Thanks everyone and its nice to meet you all. I needed a whip pretty badly after a crazy wreck. A family owned body shop / mechanic nearby (walking distance) had this one and we worked out a trade. I know it needs a ton of work, but part of the value was that they are right around the corner and remembered me from previous business. I know that they fix bodies and such, but as mentioned I'm sure they are going continue to work with me. We are now trying to fix a CEL. They replaced the TCM, dealer programmed it, and I still get the light P0700, P0741; at first after going like 60-70 and slowing down. Or sometimes I hear the faint whirr between like 40-45 once the light is on. But other than that it runs as good or better than my old car quite frankly, even with the light on. Shifts good to me, but I am not at all an expert so I mostly avoid doing much, if any, driving on the highway until I can fix this. The shop says that he will have the tranny guy check it out this week.

Not sure if this is the proper thread for codes and all that so I'll leave it there for now. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Please start a new thread for the codes in the Ion section. Otherwise, the tech information gets tangled up in the New Member stuff and no one can easily find it later without the perfect search phrase.

Thanks

Old 02-13-2016, 11:33 AM

Ok. Will do. Thanks.