New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

New From MD Needs Training

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Question New From MD Needs Training

I'm still learning how to use this. Need training. I have subscribed to forum areas but do I really need to do this? What is benefit? Hope this is not a stupid question but what is a Tag? By the way, I got a left tail lamp assembly part for my 2003 LW300 from ebay and it works! Thanks Saturn friends for all your help.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

No. Just ask questions, we'll try to help, and if you make the slightest mistake, someone will yell at you

Old 01-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by derf
No. Just ask questions, we'll try to help, and if you make the slightest mistake, someone will yell at you
Ok, here's my stupid question(LOL)Should I have subscribed to forum areas and what is a Tag?

Old 01-30-2016, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

A tag is a keyword that you can associate with your post to make it easier to find information later when using the search function of the forum.

As for subscribing to groups, I do suppose it is useful if you only want to track activity in certain sections f the forum.

But you will learn much more much faster by just clicking on "new posts" when you log in and read the issues with other saturns similar to yours (in your case, most of the other L series cars) as well as the older and newer Saturn models. You may think this knowledge is irrelevant, but most of the time the general CONCEPT of operation applies to many different types of saturrns, not to mention other brands.
So the problems of others and the solutions help to build a general knowledgebase without you even realizing it. Well, now you'll realize it. So keep on top of the "new posts" using the "new posts" button in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by derf
A tag is a keyword that you can associate with your post to make it easier to find information later when using the search function of the forum.

As for subscribing to groups, I do suppose it is useful if you only want to track activity in certain sections f the forum.

But you will learn much more much faster by just clicking on "new posts" when you log in and read the issues with other saturns similar to yours (in your case, most of the other L series cars) as well as the older and newer Saturn models. You may think this knowledge is irrelevant, but most of the time the general CONCEPT of operation applies to many different types of saturrns, not to mention other brands.
So the problems of others and the solutions help to build a general knowledgebase without you even realizing it. Well, now you'll realize it. So keep on top of the "new posts" using the "new posts" button in the menu bar at the top of the page.

Thanks derf. This info is very helpful to me.