Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here...

Part review: ZZP Redline 3" true CAI

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 11:34 PM
Default Part review: ZZP Redline 3" true CAI

I figured I would post a review of a part that come on my car when I got it...

The intake is made very nicely, out of aluminum tubing and with mandrel bands... All the welds look nearly indistinguishable, and the black finish is good... I'm not sure about power increases, as I'm already tuned for the intake, and never had the stock setup to compare it to, but it makes the supercharger whine very pronounced; it's nearly louder than the exhaust at WOT and higher RPMs... The only real problem is that it places the filter element right under the water drain for the hood... Every time it rains, my filter gets soaked and I suck little water droplets that make my car cut out...(water hits MAF and engine cuts)

Other than that, a great product, especially considering I didn't pay for it, lol

Old 02-18-2016, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
I figured I would post a review of a part that come on my car when I got it...

The intake is made very nicely, out of aluminum tubing and with mandrel bands... All the welds look nearly indistinguishable, and the black finish is good... I'm not sure about power increases, as I'm already tuned for the intake, and never had the stock setup to compare it to, but it makes the supercharger whine very pronounced; it's nearly louder than the exhaust at WOT and higher RPMs... The only real problem is that it places the filter element right under the water drain for the hood... Every time it rains, my filter gets soaked and I suck little water droplets that make my car cut out...(water hits MAF and engine cuts)

Other than that, a great product, especially considering I didn't pay for it, lol
Mine doesn't sit still, and since I don't have a wheel well, has rubbed on my tire. But besides that, I like it way better than the k&n and way easier to maintain.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

I have an imaginary redline.
I had the same problems as you two.
So I duct taped over the input's end to keep the water out and then drilled some holes in so I could wire it to the spring so it wouldn't move.

No wheel well? Then where do you put the wheel?