General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

key stuck

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 03:31 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>

Ihave a 95 SW2 and today whenI turned the car off, the key got stuck in the ACC position. It will not come out ormove at all. How difficult is it to remove the switch or just the lock cylinder? My service book (haynes) tells me to disable the air bag system, but it says to do it with the switch in the lock position and key removed. Since I can't do that will pulling the fuse and disconnecting the battery disable it? I really dont want it to go off. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Greg

Old 12-10-2005, 03:50 AM

You can pull the air bag fuse in acc with little fear of the bag going off.Sounds like you might have a bent tumbler in the cyl.If you can free the tumbler you should be ok to get it out. takin the housing offwith a key in it is a bit of a pain. The housing is held in with break away bolts. Get the steering column plasticbezzel off and grip the key with a pair of pliers. The cyl can only be removed in acc so if you push down with a small screwdriver in the unlock tab hole ,you should be able to remove the cyl. Just pull the unit out.