Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

URGANT HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 PM

I blew a piston, and i'm just going to drop a new engine into it, find ya at the auto reck yard. I need to know what engine and from what years they had the same engine for a 93 sl1 sedan 4 cylender. thanks

Old 03-20-2007, 03:52 PM

I think the 94's are near identical because I've used 93 parts on mine. Aside from that, I'd be guessing. Edited by: CALegalVette

Old 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM

Ok yeah, i called the dealer today and talked to a mechanic, and he told me that they were the exact same from 92-94. I found my problem, it sounded just like i blew a piston, but i just ran out of oil, i added 3 quarts, and the ticking went away, she chuges the oil, damn bit*h. ha ha can't wait until i get myself a Jetta. Gotta love the german deisil engine. Anything is better than american these days. GM, Ford, Chrysler and all the other based off of these are complete junk, that's why you never see our cars over seas, but you see their cars over here, because they don't want them either. But when I get myself a 78 K10 i'm gonna drop a deisil down into her, i'll make it fit, and it will work. Edited by: MCapone

Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 AM

Sounds like the "3 quarts low on oil" has more to do with poor maintenance on the driver's behalf than anything to do with the car being at fault.

-S-Turn-

Old 03-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

The car only holds what, 4 quarts? 4.5 tops?

Run any engine with 3/4 of the oil missing and I'm sure it'll sound equally nasty and self destruct at an accelerated rate (unlubricated metal-to-metal contact will do that....)

Old 03-22-2007, 01:06 PM

Try running the Jetta diesel without oil and see what happens.

Having said that, the old SL1 engines seem to be pretty forgiving. I've had valve noise a couple of times for various reasons. Both times I changed the oil and haven't noticed any ill effects.Edited by: CALegalVette

Old 03-22-2007, 05:11 PM

and I would like to point out the fact that gm cars are the number one seller in japan right now so that shows up your statement about never seeing those cars over seas... you don't see them in over seas movie, cause they're movies, and there are so many people that populate over sea countries.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by S-Turn

Sounds like the "3 quarts low on oil" has more to do with poor maintenance on the driver's behalf than anything to do with the car being at fault.

-S-Turn-
I think I said I bought the car second hand, if I didn't, sorry, but I just got it in January and I've been adding it sence, not my fault at all. I baby the car, and I just fixed an oil leak that it had before I purchesed it, and ever sence then it's been giving me hell, it has to last me. lol

Old 03-22-2007, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by saturn95sl2.
and I would like to point out the fact that gm cars are the number one seller in japan right now so that shows up your statement about never seeing those cars over seas... you don't see them in over seas movie, cause they're movies, and there are so many people that populate over sea countries.
I served time over seas a while ago and I never saw one gm/ford/dodge car over there, all audies, VW, Marcadies, and BMW. This is in England, Germany, France. And the top seller in Japan is Honda and the Top seller in Canada is Honda Civic. I'm not too sure about the states. I could be mistaken.Edited by: MCapone