Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

Cigarette lighter not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:22 PM

I got an iPod for my wife and I also got an accessory that requires the cigarette lighter to work. However, the lighter in her 2000 SL2 doesn't appear to be working at all. I thought maybe it was a fuse but it doesn't appear to have its own fuse. If it does, I can't figure out which one it is.

Any ideas what to look at?

Thanks,
John

Old 12-30-2006, 06:35 PM

I don't have a manual in front of me - but there should be a fuse for it - does anything else in the car not work? Usually dome light or radio sometimes share the same circuit.

I don't have a Saturn thats that new - but out of curiosity - do you need to have the key on to make the cig. lighter work?

Eric

Old 12-30-2006, 06:39 PM

I've tried it with the key on and it still doesn't work. I'm not aware of anything else not working.

Where would the fuse be? Would it be in the engine compartment with the other fuses, or is there another fuse box somewhere?

Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM

I don't remember what fuse it is but the owners manual would list it. There are more fuses at the base of the console in the passenger side.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by sw2cam
I don't remember what fuse it is but the owners manual would list it. There are more fuses at the base of the console in the passenger side.
Cool. That was easy to find and fix once I knew where to look. It was a blown fuse. The fuse box in the engine compartment had a spare 20A fuse, so I'm all set.

Thanks for your help!

John

Old 12-30-2006, 07:10 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad your problem has been solved. If you have kids, a lot of times they put a penny or a dime down the chute of the lighter assy - causing a short. Aluminum gum wrappers will do it also... [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2006, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by neiby

Cool. That was easy to find and fix once I knew where to look. It was a blown fuse. The fuse box in the engine compartment had a spare 20A fuse, so I'm all set.

Thanks for your help!

John

You didnt know you had an interior fuse panel?

Old 12-31-2006, 05:25 AM

To be honest, I thought there were fuses in the interior but I had forgotten that they were so easily accessed. I seemed to recall that they were under the dash somewhere and a little harder to get to.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:20 AM

Thanks guys, knowing it was a 20 helped me find the fuse onmy 95 SL-1. A cheap cell phone charger came apart and blew the fuse.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:00 AM

I've owned my SL2 for 11 years and mine has never worked. I'be never been too concerned about it.

Quick Reply: Cigarette lighter not working