Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

!993 Sci

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:24 PM

My Saturn started knocking.Do I need a new engine or is there something I can check?The oil has never been low,always checked.If so does anyone have any contacts for another engine?

Thanks

Old 10-27-2006, 01:25 AM

Is it a knock or a tick? How many miles and how is/was it driven (was it driven like speed racer or like a granny car?). If it's a knock you may need a motor, a knock is hard to fix without tearing apart the block.If it's more of a tick it could be lifters, timing, cam (or cams if DOHC) for starters. If you can afford it (and it shouldn't be outrageously expensive) take it to a mechanic you can trust (or an old timer who is into cars, they seem to know it all) and see what they initially think by the sound of it.

If it were me, (here's the part where I give you some friendly advice) try www.6thplanetusedparts.com for a new motor, they have everything Saturn b/c that's all they deal with.

Hope this helps, and I hope everything works out for the best. I hope you haven't lost your engine

Old 10-27-2006, 05:15 PM

Thanks for your reply.It is a knock.It has around 150,000 miles so it's probably time for a motor or the wrecking yard.

Thanks again

Old 10-28-2006, 07:59 PM

you bet, that's what i'm here for. it sucks, sorry to hear it.