Saturn S Series Sedan SL, SL1, and SL2

New 94 sl1 owner

Old 07-29-2006, 07:21 AM

Hey guys, I just bought a 94 saturn SL1 as it says, I paid 200 bucks for it. the guy I bought it from told me it has a newperformance clutch in it but when they put it in they didn't replace the seal for the tranny, and now I think its leaking, theres tranny fluid all over the tranny. the cars been lowered so its really tight to get under it, could it be something else like a hose broke or something? I don't think I can change it myself, both because I've never done a clutch before and I've got a really bad back, so I can do somethings but it would probably kill me to try to remove the tranny myself. Would I have to remove the whole thing or just unbolt it from the bell housing to get to the seal? Anyone around here that knows how to do it got any tips to make it easier? It was a girls car and apparently she had alot of trouble with an exboyfriend so they just wanted to get rid of it,it has a cold air intake and a 4" muffler, and cat back system and alot of the interior removed, so I'll be putting that back in, also the sunroof doesn't work either, how do you fix that? The motor runs but it doesn't move. Thanks guys please help..

Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 PM

I'd clean the engine and compartment really good. If you can get it in the air I'd clean the bottom side also. Then I'd try to find where the leak is coming from. A car that age it could be anything or a past leak thats been fixed. As far the the sunroof goes, that'll cost more to repair then you paid for the car.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:13 PM

The regulator for the roof will cost me about 10 bucks from a local pick it and pull it. just how hard is it? I've only had it a couple of days, and its my weekend to have my son so I won't be able to look into it until monday at least. But how do you remove the tranny from the engine and not screw up the clutch? just to replace the front seal?

Old 08-01-2006, 04:58 AM
Banned

i too have a 1994 sl1. i have posted problems that i have had but it runs great and has 230k miles on it. like they said wash it real good and see where it is leaking,. if the tranny is not slipping it may be an old leak. sorry i do not have a sun roof. but my auto seatbelts does not work and lock in the rear position thank god. i payed 650.00 for mine it has a cracked windsheild and salvage title. good luck with yours i hope you enjoy it as much as i do mine. i had mine for 2 years now